Adding an event to your website
Navigate to Event Manager
1. Login to TheWebConsole
2. From the top navigation menu select Database Marketing
2. From the left side menu click Event Manager
Add an Event
1. Click the blue Add Event button
2. Upon entering the new event settings you will see the following options for the event.
- Event Name: This is the name of the page that will appear in your website's menus and in the page URL. This should be short, relevant and only contain letters and numbers. Note: This is a required field
- Event Code: This is an event code you may use as a reference for the event.
- Category: You can assign an event to a category, this allows for events in the same category to be viewed under the same category.
- Phone Enquiries: Phone number for anyone wishing to make a call to find out more information on the event.
- Venue: Where the venue is for the event.
- Show Venue Address on Website: Gives you the option to show the event on the page, "Yes" or "No".
- Image: Image for the event. Used for a thumbnail on the event listing page and banner on the event page.
- Allow Online Registration: Selecting "Yes" will allow for event registration and will show the following options. Selecting "No" will disallow registration to the event.
- This Event Has a Limited Capacity: You can limit the amount of people that can register to the event.
- Can Invite Guests: You can allow for users to register guests for the event as well as themselves.
- Add Attendees to Group: You can add users the register to the event to a group. Once you select "Yes" from the dropdown menu you will see a dropdown box with your current available groups to be added to.
- Setup Event Discounts: Whether or not a discount voucher is required to be added for this event.
- Require Login to Update Contact: Whether or not a contact is required to login to update their details.
- Require Login to Register: Whether or not a login is required to register for the event.
- Billing Address: Autofill the billing address from a contact address field that you select.
- Show Booking For Someone: Selecting "Yes" will allow an existing user to book the event for someone else.
Description: A description of the event.
3. Click the blue Next button to proceed to the additional information tab.
4. If you have any additional information to add to your event you can add that here by clicking the blue Add Event Info button. Note: This area is NOT required to proceed to the next Ticket tab.
5. Click the blue Next button to proceed to the Ticket tab.
Note: The event navigation option tabs are also navigatable by clicking on the tab that you wish to proceed to.
Add Event Ticket
1. Upon entering the ticket settings you will see the following options for the tickets.
- Name: This is the name of the ticket. Note: This is a required field.
- Cost $: This is the cost (including tax) of the ticket
- Early Bird Pricing: You can assign a cheaper price if the registration is before a certain date.
- Limited capacity: Here if you select "Yes" you can assign the number of these tickets that are available for purchase for this particular ticket if you wish to limit the amount available.
- Limit Minimum Purchase: Here if you select "Yes" you have the option to limit the minimum number of these tickets for the event.
- Limit Maximum Purchase: Here if you select "Yes" you have the option to limit the maximum number of these tickets for the event.
- Description: Description details for this ticket.
- Restrict to Group Members?: Selecting "Yes" will restrict this ticket to certain groups. Selecting "No" will allow anyone to select this ticket for the event.
- Groups: The groups selected in these tickbox options will be allowed to register for this event ticket.
- Visible In Front: Select "Yes" from the dropdown box to have this ticket visible on the event page. Selecting "No" will not show this ticket option on the event.
2. Select one of the 3 radio options to proceed accordingly, either save and return to this page, save and go back to the tickets page or save and add another ticket.
Add Event Discount
1. Upon entering the discount settings you will see the following options for the discounts. Note: A discount is not required to be added, this is optional.
- Code: This is the code that a user can use at the ticket registration screen to receive a reduced ticket cost.
- Amount: This allows you to select either a percentage discount or a fixed amount discount.
- Price change type: Here you will get the option to subtract or add to the amount specified in the amount field.
- Enabled: If this discount is active select the tick box, if it's not ticked the discount code will not be active.
- Description: Description of the discount
- Available After: Here you can select the date that the ticket discount will start.
- Available Until: This is the date that the discount code will expire.
- Limit number of uses: Here you can select the number of times this discount code can be used.
2. Once you have set up your discount code you can click the grey Save button.
3. To proceed to the Attendee Fields tab you can either click it in the navigation menu or click the blue Next button.
Attendee fields are for the information that you will collect from each person that signs up for your event. You can add fields that already exist in your database, or you can create a new field that will only apply to this event. By default the system will collect the first name, last name, email address, and mobile phone number for your marketing campaigns.
1. Here you will have the following options:
- This Event Attracts Tax: If "No" is selected this means that tickets for this event don't attract any tax.
- Invoice Category: Here you can select a category that this event may be included apart of. For example, Fundraiser or Corporate event. This way you can see the category this event belongs to on the invoice. Note: This is not a required field.
- Accept Online Payments: If you have setup online payments here you can allow those to be accepted using the online payment gateway you have set-up. When you select "Yes" it will give you the option to select which payment gateways you wish to accept for this event.
2. Once you have set up your payment settings you can proceed to Confirmation Tab by clicking the blue Next button or clicking the Confirmation tab in the navigation bar.
1. Once you are on the confirmation page you will have the following options.
- Website Confirmation Message: Here you can write a confirmation message that your users will see after they complete their event registration.
- Receive Sign-Up Notifications: If you select "Yes" in the dropdown you will be given the option to set the email address you want the notification to be emailed to.
- Email Template: You will have the option to use the default email template or use a custom template. This is how you will see the email you receive.
- Send a Confirmation Email: If you select "Yes" in the dropdown you will be given the option to send a confirmation email to the user that registered for the event.
- Email Subject: You will have the option to use the default email template or use a custom template. This is how you will see the email you receive.
- From Email: This will be the email address the user will see the confirmation email sent from.
- From Name: The name that the registered user will see the email as received from.
- Email Format: You will have the option to select which email format you would like to send the confirmation email as.
2. Once you have completed the details you can click the blue Next button to proceed to the Schedule tab.
1. Once you are on the event schedule page you will be given the following options.
- Starting: Here you can set the time and date that the event will be held.
- Ending: This is the time and date that the event ends.
- Event Timezone: Here you will set the timezone that the event is being held.
- Repeats: Here you will have multiple options to repeat the event on multiple occasions.
- Registration Opens: Here you can set when the registrations for the event are open to purchasing tickets.
- Registration Closes: Here you can set when the registrations close for the event.
2. Once you have filled out the schedule details you can click the blue Finish button and now your event has been created.