How To Create A Blog Post
What is the blogging software?
Our blogging software is a user-generated website where entries are made in a journal style and displayed in reverse chronological order.
The blogging software allows viewers of the blog to post comments relating to that particular blog. The blog also produces an up-to-date RSS feed. You can decide whether you want comments to automatically appear on your website, or whether you want to moderate them before they go live.
Part 1: Navigate To The Blog Posts
1. Login to TheWebConsole
2. From the left side menu click Blog and choose Blog Posts
3. From the blog post page click the blue “Add Post” button
Part 2: Add your Blog content
1. One the Add Post window opens you will have the ability to add your post content, seo and privacy settings. The first thing you will need to do is add in your post content, this is done by filling out the options below:
Heading - This is a required field, it is the name of the post, it will be shown as the heading on the front end of your website. It's recommended to keep this short and relevant. It's recommended that you use different Title to your Heading to help search engines better understand your content.
Page Title - This is an optional field that should contain no more than 60 characters and where possible should contain relevant keywords relating to the post. The page title is the text that appears in the browsers tab when viewing that page.
Status - This is a required field, by default this will be set to hidden, simply change it to Visible once you are ready for the post to be seen
Author - This is an option field, you can either add an existing author, or create a new author by clicking the blue New hyperlink
Publish Date - this is a required field, simply enter the time and date you wish to schedule the post
Tags - This is an optional field, you can either choose from existing tags or create a new tag by clicking the New hyperlink. It's recommended to use tags so that you can filter posts on the front end of your website.
Photo - This is an optional field. Simply upload an image if you have a specific image you would like to use as a cover image for the post. The recommended image size is at least 600 x 315 px
Snippet - This is an optional field. It's strongly recommended that you add a short catchy snippet for the post to catch your reader's interest.
Blog Post - This is a required field. This will be all of the text content you wish to add into your post
2. Once you have added all of the post content and set a scheduled time and date click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
3. You new post will appear on the Blog page in your website. If you can't see it, check to see that the Status is set to "Visible", and that the publish date is in the past.
Part 3: Add SEO to your Blog posts
1. Once you have added all of the content for your post and clicked the save button you will automatically be directed to the Additional Details tab, this field can be ignored, instead click the SEO tab.
2. Once the SEO settings window loads you will see the below fields:
Meta Description - this is an optional field, it should contain no more than 300 characters and briefly describe the post, this is used for search engine optimisation
Slug - This should contain only letters and no numbers or symbols, it will allow you to create your own custom URL for the post, this is for improved search engine optimization
3. Once you have added all of your SEO meta data click the blue Save button located at the bottom of the page.
Part 4: Add security/privacy
1. Once you have added your post content, scheduled a release and set the SEO meta you can also optionally add password protection to the post. This can be added in the Post Privacy tab where you will be given these options:
Single password - This will allow you to set a single global password that can be shared to anyone you wish to have access to the post
All Database contacts - This will allow all of your database marketing contacts to have access to the post
Limit access to specific groups - This will allow you to choose what groups of contacts will have access to the post
2. Once you have chosen your privacy options click the blue Save button located at the bottom of the page