How to compress video for websites
In order to upload a video to be used with our video player, we suggest the you get Quicktime Pro from Apple (http://www.apple.com/au/quicktime/, $ 44.95) to compress the video, then follow these steps:
- Open the movie you wish to upload in QuickTime Pro
- Click on File, then Export
- In the Export dropdown box select Movie to QuickTime Movie
- In the Use dropdown box select Broadband - Medium
- Click Options...
- Click on Settings... then change the frame rate to between either 15 fps and 24fps. 15 fps is choppy, while 24fps is smooth. Click OK.
- Click on Size...
- In the Dimensions Dropdown box select 640 x 480 VGA
- If your file is wide screen tick the Preserve aspect ratio check box, then select the required mode
Letterbox: The entire video fits in to the screen with black borders at the top and bottom
Crop: Any areas larger than the specified video screen are not shown
Fit with Dimensions: The video will fit in to the dimensions specified.
- Click OK.
- Type in the filename, and select the location that you want to save the file to, then click Save.
- It may take a while to compress the file.
Done! Your video is now ready to use on a website!